Here are the can’t-miss travel rewards articles you need to read from the past week:
- The Points Guy ran an informative series of ‘top tips’ for earning and redeeming miles on American, United and Delta:
- Frequent Miler: SPG Nights & Flights vs. Marriott Travel Packages – Great look at two highly valuable programs that SPG and Marriott run where you can turn hotel points into nights plus flights.
- Million Mile Secrets: How to Stay at All-Inclusive Hotels for Free! – We often get asked if it is possible to use points to stay at an all-inclusive hotel and the answer is yes! This article shows you the options.
- Travel is Free: The Current State of BRGs (Best Rate Guarantees) – Drew at Travel is Free is always on the cutting edge of the travel rewards world, and this article is no exception. “A BRG is a “best rate guarantee”, which is when you book on the hotel website and then find a lower rate elsewhere. They usually match and give a bonus. Hyatt will match and discount 25%, IHG will match and make the first night free (even on one night stays)” and he shows you how to take maximize these guarantees.
- The Points Guy: Credit Cards That Get Your Free Checked Baggage – A nice look at which credit cards earn you free checked baggage on flights.
- Million Mile Secrets: How to Get Free Internet in Hotels! – This article shows you the requirements to get free internet in your hotel room (hint: most only require you to sign up for the free loyalty program…)
- Travel is Free: The New AA Award Chart (Starting March 2016) – A nice summarized look at American’s new award chart set to take effect in March 22, 2016.
- One Mile at a Time: Resources for Using Your Miles – Kind of a ‘best of’ post with background info on many aspects of the travel rewards world. This one is worth taking a look at for sure!
Travel Miles 101 has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Travel Miles 101 and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.