Here are the can’t-miss travel rewards articles you need to read from the week ending 12/18/2015:
Essential Reading (plus FREE Uber rides!):
- Free Uber Rides:
- First, sign up for an account using Uber’s referral code for your first free ride (currently up to $22): https://www.uber.com/promo
- Next, use the info in this View from the Wing article to get another ride free for connecting through Facebook messenger to get another free ride up to $20.
- You can also refer your significant other, family, friends, etc. through your own account and they’ll get a free first ride and you get yet another free ride! On my login this is currently $15, so it isn’t as good as the $22 from Uber, but the upside is you both get a free ride, so it is likely worth it. Very easy to accumulate these free rides!
- MileValue: What I Told My Friend to do to Become a Miles Expert in a Day – This was one of the best travel rewards articles I’ve read in a long time and I highly recommend you follow along with this scenario and try it yourself!
- Million Mile Secrets: How to Fly to Europe with British Airways Avios Points – We talk a lot about British Airways Avios and the many ‘sweet spot’ redemptions within our Travel Miles 101 class, but it never hurts to get a refresher! Aer Lingus and Air Berlin flights are the only realistic options to use BA Avios to fly to/from Europe to avoid the dreaded “fuel surcharges” and this article gives you a great overview.
- The Points Guy finished out a series that detailed exactly how long transfers take for the 3 main transferable points programs to each of their respective airline & hotel partners:
- View from the Wing: Now Get Email Alerts When Star Alliance Award Space Opens Up! – Expert Flyer is a site that allows you to search for award availability and most importantly to set email alerts when seats become available. They have recently expanded their Star Alliance availability through the site as Gary describes in this article.
- Travel Codex previously published an informative series on using Expert Flyer that is well worth reading.
- Frequent Miler: Bet Your Didn’t Know: 3 Methods to Transfer Avios Between Iberia and British Airways – It’s no secret that we love Avios, but there are a lot of little quirks you need to know to take full advantage of the BA program. This article shows you the different ways you can transfer Avios between British Airways and Iberia.
- MileValue: How to Book an Open Jaw Award on AA.com – The more familiar you become with the ins and outs of award bookings, the better. This article shows how to book an ‘open jaw’ on the American Airlines website.
Travel Miles 101 has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Travel Miles 101 and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.