Early Spend Bonus: Earn 50,000 bonus miles (worth $500) when you spend $4,500 in the first 3 months.
$95 annual fee waived the first year.
Analysis: The early spend bonus earns you: 50,000 miles plus 10,000 for $4,500 spend (2 points per $1) = 59,000 worth $590 of statement credits for completely flexible travel.
Travel Miles 101 Review:
- 2x miles on every purchase
- Use this card to pay for your “travel” expense and log into your online account after the fact (up to 90 days later) to redeem your miles for a statement credit.
- Travel expenses defined by Capital One: “Purchases made from airlines, hotels, rail lines, car rental agencies, limousine services, bus lines, cruise lines, taxi cabs, travel agents and time shares are generally considered to be travel purchases and availability for redemption is based on the merchant category code assigned to them by the merchant.”
- No foreign transaction fees
- Miles don’t expire while your account is open
- $95 annual fee is waived the first year
- These don’t expire while your account is open, but if you go to close your account in the future, be aware that you can lose your miles if not redeemed.
Advertiser Disclosure: Many of the listings that appear on this website are from companies which we compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). The site does not review or include all companies or all available products.
Disclaimer: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.